2010 Ultimate Recipe Round Up
- 2 lbs Utah's Own Northwest Turkey
- 2 bottles of Utah's Own Mt. Olympus Water
- 1 Small Utah's Own Bangerter Farm Green Pepper
- 1 Utah's Own Bangerter Farm Anaheim Chile
- 1 Utah's Own Bangerter Farm chopped Zucchini
- 5 Utah's Own Farmer's market Stalks of Green Onion
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Juajillo Chile
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 Green Apples
- 5 cups of Masa Harina
- 3 Utah's Own Oakdell eggs
- 2 Utah's Own Fresh corn stalks
- 2 bottles of Utah's Own Mt. Olympus Water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Juajillo Chile
- 2 Tbsp of chopped Green Onions
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb banana leaves
- Filling: Boil turkey in water, chopped apples and salt, set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onions, vinegar, spices in oil. Stir in vegetables and cook for 10 minutes Mix in chopped turkey breast and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Dough: Sauté onions with spices and mix with masa, salt and corn that has been sliced off the cob and chopped in a blender/food processor. Add water and beat in eggs then blend in oil and mix well.
- Assembly: Put 2 Tbsp of dough on top of a banana leaves cut into about 9x6
Coconut Brownie Mini Cake Sensations
The best part of all, these Coconut BrOwnie Mini Cake Sensations are so easy to make!
- 6 Oakdell Eggs *
- 1 1/2 cups Meadow Gold Butter * (softened)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 cups Lehi Roller Mill Flour *
- 1 ¼ cup Cocoa
- ¾ tsp. Redmond Salt *
- 2 ½ Cups Nutty Guys Coconut *
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 8 oz Meadow Gold Sour Cream *
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 2T Lemon Zest
- 8-10 oz Fresh Fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries – pick your favorites)
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla – cream together.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt – stir together lightly.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter onto a well-buttered cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, combine cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat to a smooth consistency. Place finished mixture in a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wash and dry the fresh fruit.
- Melt milk chocolate chips over very low heat.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, cut brownies into rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Remove cut brownies from the cookie sheet and place on a serving tray.
- Top each brownie with a layer of the lemon cream cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the fresh fruit.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of each coconut brownie mini cake and ENJOY!
Recipe yield = 24 small or 12 large Coconut Brownie Mini Cake Sensations.
* indicates a proudly used Utah’s Own product
Chocolate Pancakes with Sweet Butter
for dessert or special occasion breakfasts
- 1 1/2 cup flour (Lehi Roller Mills)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt (Redmond)
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup milk (Winder)
- 2 eggs (Oakdale)
- 1/4 cup butter (Meadow Gold)
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa
- Mix all these ingredients together until just barely blended. Add more milk if needed until batter is pourable.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter on a sprayed skillet and cook but be careful not to overcook.
- Serve warm with the sweet butter.
- 1 cup butter (Meadow Gold), softened
- 4 cups (1 pound powdered sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (Dutch Mill)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- food coloring if serving for a holiday (optional)
- unwrap the butter and let it soften overnight in a covered mixing bowl.
- In the morning, add powdered sugar, vanilla, and water.
- Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add more water if needed until butter is very soft.
- Add a few drops of food coloring, if you prefer.
- Refrigerate any leftover butter.
Raspberry Sweet Butter Variation:
- add 1/2 cup raspberry preserves (Lehmans) to sweet butter and gently mix.
Coconut Date Skillet Rolls
- 3/4 Cup Xagave
- 1 Cup Chopped Dates
- 2 Well-Beaten Oakdale Egg Farms Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Western Nut Company Chopped Pecans
- 1 1/2 Cups Flaked Coconut
- Combine Xagave,dates, and eggs in a skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Mixture will darken and thicken.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Carefully stir in cereal.
- Cool slightly, and roll into balls.
- While still warm roll in coconut flakes.
Makes 24 cookies
Apple Beer Can Chicken
Rub a Utah's Own 4 lb bird inside and out with canola oil then with rub. (Recipe follows, enough for 2 chicks)
- 1 Tbl of LaVerl's seasoning
- 2 Tbl of dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 Tbl of paprika
- 1 Tbl cumin
- 3 teas cayenne
- 2 teas thyme
- 2 teas oregano
- 2 teas black pepper
- 2 teas garlic powder
- Prop bird on Apple Beer can and roast on center of covered grill on indierct heat for 1 hr 15 mins.
- Let rest a few mins before carving.
- serve with mashed Utah red potatoes.
- Be sure to use Winder sour cream, buttermilk, and grated Beehive Cheese in those spuds.
Summer Berry Bars
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) Meadow Gold Butter, room temperature
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- ¼ t kosher salt
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose, Lehi Roller Mills Flour
- 1 pt Weeks Berries of Paradise, Blackberry freezer jam, thawed
- 1 pt Weeks Berries of Paradise, Red Raspberry freezer jam, thawed
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (1/4 lb) Meadow Gold Butter, room temperature
- ½ chopped pecans (optional)
- In a mixer, cream cream cheese, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Add flour and stir until incorporated.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and form into a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Roll dough out to fit a half sheet pan, trimming edges as needed.
- Combine jams by stirring lightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake mix, pecans and butter until crumbles form.
- Top dough with jams and crumble topping over top.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and delicious.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or at room temperature by themselves.
Yummy Buffalo Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups bottled hot sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Cut off and discard tips of wings.
- Cut the wings at the joints to make 24 pieces.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt and paprika on wings.
- Heat oil on med. high heat.
- Brown the wings on all sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter, add hot sauce and honey.
- Coat wings in wing sauce.
- Place wings on an unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 10 min. or until lightly brown.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Utah's Own Apple Beer Can Chicken with Beehive Cheddar Cheese with Rosemary Mashed Potatoes.
Rub with DeVerl's all purpose seasoning,
- 1 can of Apple Beer
- 1 Utah's Own free range chicken.
Mashed potatoes with Beehive Cheese and rosemary and Winder dairy butter, butter milk, milk, sour cream,and chives, Utah's Own Beehive Cheddar with rosemary mashed potatoes
- Start with about 3 lbs of Utah red potatoes.
- Cut into 1.5 inch cubes and boil in 4 quarts of water until tender with a fork. (About 15 minutes).
- Heat/melt 1/2 cup up Winder milk along with a stick of salted butter in sauce pan.
- After the potatoes are drained, mash them by hand or with a portable food mill.
- Add the milk and butter with a wisk.
- Add a 1/4 cup of Winder buttermilk, 1/4 cup of Winder sour cream, 1/2 cup of Beehive Cheddar with rosemary, add some chopped chive and dill, salt and pepper to taste.
Lemon Poached Salmon:
- 1-Salmon filet (6oz)
- 4-Lemon slices (1/4in thick)
- 2-Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 TBSP-Shallot (minced)
- 1/2 TSP-Capers
- Pinch-Salt & Black Pepper
- 6oz-White Wine (chablis or reisling)
- Arange lemon on bottom of sautee pan.
- Salt and pepper salmon filet and place on top of the lemon slices.
- Add shallots, garlic, capers and white wine to the lemon and salmon.
- make sure you have the white wine covering the lemons, and about 1/8th of an inch covering the salmon.
- Cook on Med-High heat until liquid comes to a rolling boil.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to a Simmering boil untill salmon is fully cooked.
- Use a spatula to pick up salmon and lemons out of the pan and place in an entree bowl.
- Serve with remaining liquid in the pan and Bon Appetite!
Sausage Apple Bites
- 1 package Collissmo Breakfast Sausages cut in half
- One apple peeled, cored and grated
- One bottle Apple Beer
- 2 c. Lehi Roller Mills Pancake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook cut sausage pieces in 1/2c Apple Beer until just cooked through.
- Mix grated apple with Pancake Mix and add Apple Beer until moistened through, about 1/2 cup.
- The dough should be very stiff.
- Place cooked sausage on cookie sheet and cover each completely with apple batter.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Makes 28 Apple Bites.
1. On low heat
- ½ Tb sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- ½ inch of ginger root finely chopped
- 1 ts hot chili oil
- 1 ts chili garlic sauce
- 1ts Utah’s Own Pioneer Valley Logan berry Jam
- 1/8 cup of Castle Creek Chardonnay
- CY’s Eclectic IndieAsia garlic seasoning to taste
- ¼ cup Seal Sama Teriyaki
Simmer 1/2lb shrimp (30 count) in sauce while preparing veggies
- Cabbage shredded
- Radishes julienned
- Green onion finely chopped
- Chop celery, cilantro
- sugar peas cut inthin strips
3. Maifun rice sticks & Spring roll wrappers softened in warm water For each roll add 2 shrimp cut length way and add each ingredient to wrapand roll
4. Dipping sauce
- 1ts Utah’s Own Pioneer Valley Loganberry Jam
- ½ cup Seal Sama Teriyaki
- Cy’s Eclectic IndieAsia garlic seasoning to taste
- Chili Oil Chili Garlic Sauce
Beehive Cheese Bread
- 1 1/2 t. yeast
- 1/2 c. water
- 4 T. sugar
- 2 c. “Meadow Gold” cottage cheese, room temperature
- 2 T. “Grandma’s Country Foods” dried chopped onion
- 2 T. oil
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 “Oakdell” omega 3 brown eggs
- 5 c. “Lehi Roller Mills” Turkey Hill unbleached flour
- 1/2 c. “Beehive Cheese Squeaky Bee Cheese Curds”
- 1/2 c. “Beehive Cheese Promontory Cheddar”, cubed
- 2 T. softened “Winder Dairy” butter
- “Redmond” Natural Onion Salt
- Soften yeast in water and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients, but last five, into the mixer and mix together.
- Add the flour slowly. Dough will be sticky.
- Let dough rise until double.
- Place on a floured surface and knead.
- Divide into 4 balls of dough.
- Flatten each ball and put in a 1/4 c. mix of cheese curds and cheddar into the dough and shape back into a ball.
- Let 2 loafs rise on a cookie sheet until double and then bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (until golden brown).
- Let cool for 5 minutes and brush with butter and sprinkle with onion salt.
Sausage Enchiladas with Homemade Red Sauce
Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup salsa
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups water (Use Mt Olympus water Utah’s Own)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add minced onion, oregano, chili powder, black pepper, salt, cumin, salsa and tomato sauce.
- Mix together and stir in the water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8 flour tortillas (Don Julio Uncooked Tortillas Utah’s Own)
- 1 pound sausage (Use Hi-Grade Meats Utah’s Own)
- 1 cup salsa (Use Chiles Gourmet Salsa Utah’s Own)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown sausage and drain
- Combine sausage, salsa and chili powder in a bowl
- Warm Tortillas in a fry pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll them and place them in a greased 13 by 9 inch pan
- Spread any remaining mixture and cheese on top of enchiladas.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
Serve Enchiladas with sour cream spoonfuls on top, (Use Meadow Gold brand Utah’s Own), slices of avocado on the side and a side of Chiles Gourmet Salsa (Utah’s Own)
Fried Chicken El Ted
- 1 2 2/2 pound chicken cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups potato flakes
- 1 cup Butter Milk
- 1 Tblsp Pepper
- 1 Tblsp Salt
- 1 Tblsp Chynne Pepper
- 2 Tblsp cup Parsley flakes
- 2 Tblsp dried cilantro
- Cut Chicken in to parts rinse and pat dry,
- put Butter milk in a bowl,
- in seperate bowl put dried ingredients stir until combines.
- Drench chicked parts in butter milk,
- shake off excise butter milk from chicken one piece at a time,
- roll the piece of chicken in the dried coating mix.
- Place chicken pieces in deep fyer with peanut oil at 350 degrees heat.
- Cook until done 30 minutes.
- Place on platter with a paper towel.
- Let chicked drip dry.
- 1 1lb bag of Great Northern White beans
- 4 meaty shanks (ham hocks)
- 1 large onion
- 6 large potatoes
- Garlic salt (season to taste)
- Redmond's seasoned salt (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In large pot, add northern white beans, shanks, and onion (largely chopped) and seasonings.
- Boil for 4 hours,
- Cut potatoes into large chunks, add to soup.
- Continue boiling over medium heat four approx. 45 mins.
Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts:
- 1 Cup – homemade ketchup (recipe below)
- 1 Cup – Utahs Own Cornaby’s Raspberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 or 3 8oz cans of water chestnuts
- 16 oz. bacon strips
- Mix ketchup and jam together with Worcestershire sauce and vinegar and set aside.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds and set aside.
- Cut water chestnuts each in half, except for small ones.
- Wrap each water chestnut piece in one of the cut bacon pieces and secure with a toothpick.
- Set wrapped water chestnuts on a sheet pan making sure pieces do not touch.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes on each side.
- Then liberally coat with prepared sauce and broil an additional 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- 3 Tbl Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup diced red onion
- 8 locally grown roma tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbl chopped garlic
- 2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbl Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 Tbl BrOwn sugar
- ½ Tsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch each of Utah’s Own Real Salt, ground black pepper, ground allspice, celery salt
- Two pinches of ground mustard seed
- 1 Tbl Utahs Own Cornaby’s UltraGel
- Heat oil over medium heat then add onions and sauté until caramelized.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add tomatoes and garlic.
- Simmer for one minute to tenderize and then add all remaining ingredients except for Ultra Gel.
- Mix and then reduce heat to maintain simmer for thirty minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mixture to blender with Ultra Gel.
- Pulse blender 10 to 15 times to reduce to mostly smooth paste.
- Store the unused portion in the refrigerator.